gngr v0.3.5, usability and layout improvements
by Thu, 15 Jan 2015on
A new release of gngr is available (version 0.3.5) with usability and layout improvements. The release is available from the download page.
- Show new windows as soon as possible. Earlier, a new browser window would be shown only after all resources were fetched. They are now shown immediately, even before connections are attempted. #65
- Show visiting URL immediately (not after navigation). Similar to above, the URL in the address bar was being updated only after all resources were fetched. #64
Layout and CSS
- CSS `@import` now works. Thanks to the project maintainers of jStyleParser who gave quick responses to our requests. #60
- Images now maintain aspect ratio when width or height is constrained #76
- The CSS property `max-width` is now supported #75
- Tabs in `<pre>` are now preserved #71
- Background image centering now works correctly. This is evident on wikipedia home page, for example. #69
- Upgrade okhttp libraries to version 2.2.0 #56
- Update h2 library to latest version #3
- Many code cleanups. We reviewed and merged into master branch some of the tentative changes that are kept on the `uglyPatches` branch. We will hopefully review and merge them all before the next planned release: version 0.4.