Open sourcing begins

by hrj on Sat, 29 Nov 2014

We have begun open-sourcing our code. It takes time to test, polish and package an internal code base; so please bear with us during this time.

To begin with, we have added a credits page. It lists all the upstream projects that we are sourcing from. Note that some of our work has been already contributed to these projects, over the last few weeks.

We are also open-sourcing the following components. We are opening them first because they could be useful to other Java applications too.

These projects need some help; we have added notes about how you can contribute. We also urge you to contribute to the upstream projects mentioned in the credits.

With this announcement, about 80% of gngr's code is now open. We are now working towards stabilising and opening the remaining 20%. Arguably, the last remaining bits are the most important and the toughest, so it might take a couple of weeks before it is done. We will keep you posted.

Back to blog home.